08 maio 2010

Sushmita Sen: Redefining concept of beauty pageant in India

Published on Sat, May 08, 2010 at 12:35   |  Updated at Sat, May 08, 2010 at 15:24  |  Source : CNBC-TV18

www.moneycontrol.com


Equitymaster.com/FreeReport
Sushmita Sen is one of the India’s most iconic women. Sixteen years after she stormed into our collective consciousness, she is back to associating with the platform that catapulted her into being the person we know today.
CNBC-TV18’s Anuradha Sengupta caught up with Sushmita Sen, Actress, to talk to her about her brand ‘I Am She’
Here is a verbatim transcript of the exclusive interview with Sushmita Sen on CNBC-TV18. Also watch the accompanying video.

Q: Give us an update on ‘I Am She’ and the beauty pageant, that’s what about three weeks from the time we are speaking?




RSS feed for news
Click here

A: Yes, pretty much pretty good. It’s been a ride. I got this franchise in about October end, the show was suppose to be held in February, we were on tender hooks whether to take it or not to take it. The business part of it was a little bit of a disturbing thing, but it was like destiny coming a full circle. It was beautiful to accept this franchise and considering when I won it and I used to ask my travel manager back then, “What if I wanted to hold the Miss Universe in my country, what would I have to do?” She would say, “You have to break the legacy that the Times of India held it for 50 years.” So I would say, “That is not going to happen any time soon.”
Q: So that brings me to the question that I am dying to ask. How did you manage to break that monopoly or that relationship, the Bennett and Coleman group or the Times of India and to the Miss Universe franchise?
A: Well, actually I didn’t break it. I mean rather everything in my life is been pretty much destined. The Times of India and their franchise rights with the Miss Universe organisation, which is now held by Donnell Trumpet and BC, it came to a natural end. They had their reasons for it. Frankly, it is none of my business. All I know is I got a call from the franchise owners and they said, ‘would you like to take it?’ I jumped and said, “Yes, when do I have to do the show?” and they said, “February” and I said. “Wait I will have to call you back.”


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07