27 agosto 2006

Hanoi beauty crowned Miss Vietnam





Hanoi girl Mai Phuong Thuy was crowned Miss Vietnam 2006 at a glittering pageant Saturday in the beach resort town of Nha Trang.

Speaking to Thanh Nien soon after, the 18-year-old said: “I plan to continue my studies. I have always wanted to study abroad.”

“However, before I go overseas, I will try my best as Miss Vietnam to bring happiness to people through my work.”

She recently got admission to the Hanoi Foreign Trade University with a high entrance score.

At 1.79 meter the tallest-ever Vietnamese beauty queen, and fluent in English, Thuy will represent the country at the Miss Universe pageant in Poland next month.

“I am looking forward to showing a new image of Vietnamese beauty – of both dynamism and traditionalism – to the world.”

Thuy was also the people’s choice as they voted through SMS and the Internet.

Luu Bao Anh from Tien Giang province and Thi Ngoc Lan from Ho Chi Minh City were the runners-up.

The contest was a huge success with 5,000 spectators attending the pageant held at a luxury resort and millions watching live on television.


http://www.thanhniennews.com/

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07