27 agosto 2006

Miss Universe gives Daniel a formal 'yes'

Jenformal

Lucky lad: Year 12 Bathurst High School student Daniel Dibley plucked up the courage to ask Jennifer Hawkins to be his date at the school formal in November. He never imagined she would say yes!

YOU could call Daniel Dibley the luckiest teenager in Australia.

When his mates ask him who he's taking to the Year 12 formal, without a word of a lie he'll tell them it's former Miss Universe Jennifer Hawkins.

In a victory for all studious youths, Bathurst High School student Daniel, 17, has become the coolest dude in school after Hawkins answered his letter of invitation with a 'yes'.

"I didn't tell anyone I was doing it, so it's a surprise to me and everyone that Ms Hawkins said 'yes'," the school captain said.

"I like to think outside the square and I thought Ms Hawkins was a prominent figure . . . and that she'd be a good formal partner."

After "lagging behind" in the quest for a date for the November formal at Bathurst City Hall, Daniel tracked down Hawkins' manager and pleaded his case on school letterhead.

"I feel this would be a great honour for both Ms Hawkins and me," he wrote. "She could fly up to Bathurst . . . and I would book accommodation for Ms Hawkins at Lochinvar Cottages, which is situated on famous Mt Panorama, looking over Bathurst and the only five-star accommodation in the region," he tempted.

And tempted by the business and legal studies student she was.

"When I saw the letter from Daniel, I thought 'That's cute! He went to that effort' and . . . I've never been to Bathurst," Hawkins, 22, said. "I didn't have anything in my diary for that day and I love doing random things -- and school formals rock."

Hawkins' boyfriend -- reality TV ice-skating star Jake Wall -- also approves of the date.

http://www.news.com.au

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07