04 outubro 2010

'Miss World is all I've dreamt of'












e
manasvi_pg1new_final.jpg
Manasvi Mamgai
Mnasvi Mamgai, Pantaloons Femina Miss India World 2010, all of 22, has already won over the hearts of Indians and is now set to take on the world .

The leggy lass is participating in the 60th Miss World pageant that will take place on October 30 in Sanya, China. With confidence and determination in her voice, she spoke to us before taking off. "There are a few last minute preparations but aside from that, I feel quite calm and relaxed. This is all I've dreamed of since I was a child and nothing else could give me greater happiness," she said, admitting there were butterflies in her stomach.

Manasvi has been trained in all aspects from diction and grooming to fitness, hair, skin and make-up. In fact, the beauty queen has worked doubly hard on ensuring she got a great wardrobe, as she feels that's what sets the winning ladies apart from the rest. "Since I have been modelling professionally for the last few years, I'm sure my ramp experience will give me an edge over the others," she added. Manasvi feels that India is now known for its beautiful women and, in fact, most of the other contestants always wait with anticipation for the Indian entry.

For the talent round, Manasvi who has trained in various dance forms including Kathak, belly dancing, Bharat Natyam and Bollywood, will perform a modern jazz-contemporary dance sequence. This will be her first trip to China and the lean model is looking forward to sampling some Chinese cuisine and seeing the Great Wall. She has even learned a few basic phrases in Chinese to help her get around. "I'm really looking forward to meeting all the girls from different countries. Five years down the line I'd love to travel to Greece and it would be great to have a friend there. Imagine knowing someone from every corner of the globe," she said.

And what does she want the other contestants to know about India? "I want to share my knowledge about our culture and traditions and extend a hand of friendship and goodwill," she said with a smile. As the PFMI 2010 winner, Manasvi has been working with organisations that support the education of underprivileged kids; and while she does have plans for Bollywood, right now winning the crown is her main focus. "This is what I wanted to do all my life. I'm not even looking past the pageant. The Miss World winner gets to travel extensively across the world and do charity work all over, and this is what I was destined to do," she signed off. 
 
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07