15 julho 2009

Miss India 2009

Masala! meets Miss India 2009 Ekta Chaudhary and Miss India Earth Shriya Kishore 2009

by Amrita Mukherjee
picture: Alan Desiderio/ITP Images

“I judge people by their shoes”

Miss India 2009 Ekta Chaudhary talks about achieving a dream that everyone deemed as unreal.

In an exclusive interview with Masala!, the reigning Miss India talks about her forthcoming Miss Universe pageant and what style means to her.

Did Miss India just happen to you?

People thought I was pursuing an unrealistic dream but that is what I always wanted – to win the pageant.

How has life changed after becoming Miss India Earth?

From being just an ordinary girl, overnight I have been thrown into the limelight. Suddenly, people are interested to know what I eat, what I like to wear et al.

What next?

The Miss Universe pageant. It’s only a few weeks away and I am going to start rigorous training as soon I go to India.

When you are travelling what are the things you always carry with you?


A pair of jeans, I always carry my high-waisted ones. Also a waistcoat, a white shirt, a nice dress and high heels.

What’s your style mantra?


I love colour. I carry clutches in bright yellow, pink and red. I love wearing huge rings, chunky necklaces and paint my nails hot pink and shocking green.

What will you wear to an evening party?

Maybe a pair of jeans with a nice top or a cocktail dress in red, black, green or purple.

Your make-up mantra...

Less is more is my mantra. I believe make-up is meant to enhance your face and not give you a new face. I always use a little bit of base, gloss, mascara and a bronzer in the evening.

What’s the one thing you keep buying?

Shoes. I also judge people by the shoes they are wearing.

“My job is to make a dress look good”


Miss India Earth Shriya Kishore talks Tarun Tahiliani and not being judgemental about fashion.

Simple and warm, Sriya Kishore tells Masala! that her crown comes with opportunities, but responsibilities too.

Did Miss India just happen to you?

I studied hotel management in Manipal and always ensured that my grades were in place. But I wanted to take part in the pageant and worked towards it.

How has life changed now?

The crown comes with a lot of responsibility. And at the same time a whole gamut of opportunities open up for you.

What next?

The Miss Earth pageant. After that you never know what doors can open. But I want to work for the environment.

What are the things you always carry with you when you are travelling?

I like to dress up casually, but smartly. But I cannot imagine going anywhere without my heels.

Your make-up mantra...

Kohl and mascara are must. A pouch with basic make-up is what I always carry around.

What would you wear to a party?

A sari by Tarun Tahiliani or a cocktail dress.

Do you always like what the designers ask you to wear on the ramp?

It is my profession to make a dress look good so I should not be judging the dress at all. As a professional, I cannot be fussy and anyway who says that my taste is the best in the world?

picture: Alan Desiderio/ITP Images
http://www.masala.com/

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07