21 agosto 2007

Oman is my home: Miss India 2007

THE current Miss India World, Sarah Jane Dias, is working hard to win the Miss World crown this year. In a telephone interview with Associate Editor Palazhi Ashok Kumar, Sarah said: “Oman is my home, and I talk about it and miss it all the time”. Her well-wishers opine: “Sarah’s ‘never give-up’ attitude in life, will again make history, and she will win the Miss World crown for India.

Excerpts:

What was your feeling when you have been crowned the Miss India World 2007?

I was elated. For a while, the ground beneath my feet vanished, I really couldn’t move. It’s not everyday that one gets to realise a childhood dream that up until now seemed almost impossible.
Could you name the qualities that made you Miss India?

Only humbleness.

How do you keep fit?

Water, water and more water. Work out as often as I can, and try to avoid fried and sweet food but I do indulge every now and then.

Could you tell us about your lifestyle?

It’s very organised. I can be quite the control freak. Wake up, work out, meetings, but I always make time for friends and family because without them, I’d be nowhere.

Who is your role model?

Aretha Franklin...

Why she is your role -model?

Music is my life, and if someone who’s long gone can still evoke such strong emotions just by her voice, I’d admire her.

According to you, what is success and what’s failure?

One is meaningless without the other. It is my failures that have led me to my success.

Where do you see yourself three years from now?

I have no clue! But I will definitely be singing wherever I may be!

Can you name the person/ persons you admire?

My parents.

Can you name two things you can’t live without?

Music and music.

Could you share with us your best word of advice onhow a person can be successful?

Never let anyone control your mind because it’s the most powerful tool you possess.

Now you are Miss India World 2007. What’s your role in India and abroad?

To represent Indianness wherever I may be. All that’s diversity and culture.

Worst moment(s) in your life

I tend to forget them ...

Name those countries/cities you like to visit

Oh dear! The list is endless! Spain, Portugal, France, Iceland, Cuba, Mexico, Istanbul and many, many more...

Can you advise those who plan to join beauty pageants?

Be yourself, no matter what anyone tells you. Your personality will set you apart.

A few words about Oman, your family

Oman is my home, and it will always stay that way. I talk about it and miss it all the time. The government hasmade our community feel sowelcome, and I am extremely thankful for it. About my family, I wouldn’t know where to start and if I did I wouldn’t end. They are my all, Dada, Mama and Ele, my strength and my weakness.

About Indian schools in Oman

Fantastic! Look at me! I think I’ve turned out fine! Kids from Muscat, no matter which school, they always stand out.

What you think about grandparents?

I unfortunately never had the chance to quite enjoy them but wherever they are, I know they pray for me.

What are the areas you need to work on for becoming Miss World?

I should be careful with what I eat. Of course, proper diet and good sleep.

Do you feel under some kind of pressure to win Miss World?

No.

Do you like reading newspapers, I mean Times of Oman, THURSDAY, etc.?

Love it!

(Sarah Jane was born in Mumbai, and at the age of seven moved to Oman where she did her schooling till her Xth standard at Indian School Wadi Kabir, and her next two years at Indian School, Muscat. In 1995, Sarah won Miss India Oman. Sarah will host the ‘Anup Jalota concert’ organsied under the Unity — A Relief Effort humanitarian initiative by Light & Shadow Enterprises here tomorrow)

http://timesofoman.com

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07