30 abril 2007

Puja Gupta confident of winning Miss Universe crown

Puja Gupta
29th Apr 2007 12.26 IST
By Agencies


Fresh from her success in the Miss India pageant, Puja Gupta the country's representative to the Miss Universe contest, is looking forward to "just fun" at the event in Mexico.

"I am thrilled," she said a day before leaving for Mexico to participate in the contest which will pit her against 84 other beauty queens from across the world.

Resplendent in a dazzling red outfit, Puja said though her training regime for Miss Universe has been pretty gruelling since winning the Miss India crown, she was looking forward to meeting and learning from other contestants.

"We have done all the preparations and are now just waiting to fly off," she said at a reception hosted in New Delhi in her honour by Mexican Ambassador Rogelio Granguillhome.

For Puja though, her family is her main support system.

"Though I have lived most of my life independently, I am always in touch with my family through the internet and cell phone," she said.

"And my family has been there for everything, whether it is just a hug from my mother or the support of my brother."

Puja, 22, was born and brought up in Delhi and been spending a lot of time learning Mexican culture and Spanish, which is the main language spoken in that country.

"I am looking forward to representing my country and I am pretty confident of doing well," she said.

Puja is an aspiring writer and her hobbies are Yoga, writing, horse riding and drawing.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07