05 maio 2006

Miss Cayman aims for top 15 in Miss Universe

Thursday, May 4, 2006
Miss Cayman Islands 2006, Ambuyah Ebanks


When Ambuyah Ebanks takes to the stage in this year’s Miss Universe Pageant, she intends to catapult her Islands into the top 15 places in the world.

Ms Ebanks, who was crowned Miss Cayman Islands in February, represents her country in the 25 July contest in Los Angeles, United States.

“What I want to do is to make it into the top 15 and that’s what I’m striving to do,” she said of the contest that will showcase over 80 women from all over the world.

“I have always been told that if you believe in something and you want it bad enough it will come to you but you have to work hard for it and that’s what I’m doing,” she added.

Although she is confident of performing well, Miss Cayman is also prepared if there are disappointments.

“I’m going there and whatever happens, happens, and it’s not going to get me down if I don’t get far in this pageant,” she said.

Bolstered by the Island’s status as the fifth leading financial centre in the world, Ms Ebanks said she plans to emulate that “major achievement.”

“Although, we’re as small country, we’re a big country so to speak. Our financial centre is in the top five in the world,” she said.

“I think I have just a good a chance as anybody who is entering with me. This is said to be one of the most competitive Miss Universes in the past ten years but I think I have what it takes to make it.”

Ms Ebanks’ preparations have started with workouts at the World Gym, aided by a personal trainer three times weekly.

Another aspect of her physical preparations is cycling, which she said would begin in a couple of weeks.

“It’s an excellent way to become very fit as well as to maintain it. It works all the muscles I need to have in perfect shape, so ideally it’s the better thing to do,” she said.

The young Caymanian is in the process of revamping her wardrobe and costumes to come up with a winning formula.

She said she has been having strong public support and great assistance from the Miss Cayman Islands queen show committee.

“Preparations are going great, I have had a lot of support from the community, they have been behind me 100 percent,” she added.

“The committee has been great in ensuring that I have everything I need to have a successful reign, so it’s been going wonderful so far,” she said of her one-year reign that began in February.

Miss Cayman said she is a natural person who makes the best of life’s challenges:
“I don’t put up a front for anybody, I’m real and what you see is what you get. I have a lot of fun and I like to make the best of every situation,” she said.

Ms Ebanks said she is going out there to represent her country as an ambassador and hopes to attract many more visitors as a result.

www.caymannetnews.com

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07