08 janeiro 2011

Miss Earth Nicole Faria hopes for a greener city

Whilst many would have taken their own New Year resolutions this year, for Miss Earth Nicole Faria, the resolution takes on a different meaning. Having won the title, gorgeous Nicole speaks about the responsibilities she has towards the city.
Miss Earth Nicole Faria hopes for a greener cityMiss Earth Nicole Faria hopes for a greener city

“My new year resolution would be to
do as much as I can with the crown. I understand that now I have got a bigger responsibility, and I want to make the most of it. For me, the journey has just begun,” says Nicole as she speaks about her commitments towards the city. Having won the title of Miss Earth, Nicole becomes the first Indian model to have won the pageant. “Hard work,” she feels, “has paid off.” “I knew I had to win the title, and I was pretty focussed about it. It feels great to know that I have done something great for the country. It’s been almost ten years since India has won an international pageant. Also, it’s the first time ever that we have got this title of Miss Earth,” smiles Nicole.

Ask her about her resolution this year, and she replies, “With the title of being Miss Earth I can actually do much more than just being Nicole”. “I am supporting the lake-cleaning cause in Bangalore by starting a campaign this February. It will more for the awareness. I have got the support of more than 3,000 volunteers and there is a US-based firm who has promised to help me out in this. It’s really unfortunate that the city has lost all its beautiful lakes, and the rest are in a very pitiful condition. There is little that has been done to save these lakes.” Having already got an award in Mumbai for her eco-friendly initiative to save some lakes there, Nicole is hopeful that the initiative will work for Bangalore too. “We can do our bit to save these lakes from being polluted. There are eco friendly ways that people in the city can think of. Idol immersions also majorly contribute towards the contamination of the water in these lakes. We can think of other options too,” explains Nicole.

Modelling will be her true love, says this Bangalore beauty, but, adds, “I am open to taking up movies if it rings the right bell.” And what is that? “Well, I am not jumping into movies – instead, will take my own time before deciding on something. There are many projects that have been offered to me, but I would want to do something that sends out a powerful message,” replies Nicole.

 Nicole has won laurels for her ramp shows. Having already walked for some top notch fashion designers, Nicole feels life is a journey full of surprises. Nicole won the Miss India Earth title at the Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2010 beauty pageant in Mumbai to compete at the Miss Earth pageant in Vietnam. Speaking about her experiences in the international pageant, she said, “The bit of nervousness I had when I boarded the flight died out by the time I was in Vietnam, especially after seeing the tall Vietnamese girls who were there for my welcome in the airport. They were so tall and beautiful that all of them could be classy models,” laughs Nicole.

 “The best part was to meet the other contenders – all of whom were extremely frank and very friendly. I knew I had to make a lot of friends by the time I left the place.” She added, “This pageant was not only about looks but over all personality, and how much each of us was committed towards environment. I think that worked out well for me. Since I love nature at heart, I really didn’t have to impersonate something that I was not.”

http://www.mybangalore.com

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07