23 janeiro 2011

2010 Miss World to visit Philippines for charity events

โพสต์ รูป
By ROBERT R. REQUINTINA
January 21, 2011, 5:41pm
MANILA, Philippines — 2010 Miss World Alexandria Mills will visit the Philippines to help raise funds for charitable organizations in the country and other parts of Asia.

Mills, 18, of Louisville, Kentucky, USA, is believed to be the first Miss World to visit the country in the 60- year-old pageant.

No date has been announced on her arrival, but Mills will kick off her journey in the US, particularly in New York, where she helped raise funds for a children’s charity work.

Then, she proceeded to Los Angeles, California for a similar event.

After her US stint, Mills will fly to Hong Kong, China, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Singapore to help oversee charity occasions in the Asian region and eventually help raise funds for charity.

"I am looking forward to everywhere I'm going. I never imagined I would be going to these places. I found out recently that my whole family has always wanted to go to Australia before, so they are very jealous!" Mills said, in a statement.

“And, of course, I will be taking my camera. I've just been to the shops to buy a new memory card so I can take even more photographs. I am also collecting some hand- blown glass earrings today that were made especially for me to match the Miss World crown, so I am looking forward to wearing those on my travels."

"But I am most looking forward to meeting so many people and getting involved with the incredible charity events around the world."

Mills will be accompanied by Miss World Africa Emma Wareus to help poor children around the world.

The teenage beauty queen has just graduated from high school when she won the pageant. She said that she wanted to become a teacher. Mills, a vegetarian, is a fashion model of the prestigious Elite Models’ Agency.

The arrival of Mills coincided with the recent announcement of beauty and wellness expert Cory Quirino as the new director for Miss World in the Philippines.

Julia Morley, president of the Miss World Organization, awarded the franchise to Fuel Excel (FE) International of Malaysia. Quirino is the FE ambassador in the Philippines.

Before that, the Bb. Pilipinas Charities sent representatives to the oldest running international pageant.

It would be recalled that the country has been sending candidates to the Miss World contest since 1966.

But the highest rank the Philippines has achieved was the first runner-up prize won by Evangeline Pascual in 1973.

http://www.mb.com.ph

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07