World’s most beautiful enjoy Africa’s World Cup
LOC
The FIFA World Cup is the most widely watched sporting event in the world and as such attracts its fair share of celebrities and superstars. This year the Miss World contestants, representing 31 of the countries participating at the tournament, attended the match between Brazil and Cote d’Ivoire.
“I am very happy to be here,” said Luciana, the current Miss Brazil. “I must say congratulations to the host country, it has been a good tournament. And I am proud of my team. I love Brazil.”
Miss Australia, Sophie, and Miss Netherlands, Francis, are both excited about being in South Africa for the tournament. “I love it here,” said Sophie. “We have been so lucky to go to some of the games. This is my first World Cup.”
Francis has been impressed by the performance of her home side. “My team is doing so well. I got to see them win twice. But the greatest thing is to see the whole world celebrating as one here in South Africa.”
Miss Australia is amazed by the atmosphere in the host nation. “I can't believe the sound of it, the vuvuzelas are amazing, the way they fill a stadium, it is electric.”
Miss Germany, Maike, is excited about her second tournament after having attended the 2006 FIFA World Cup. “It is the same excitement as the German World Cup, but the stadiums are beautiful and the atmosphere is great. The amazing thing is the way the South African people also support teams other than their own.”
One of the teams showing their intent on winning the coveted FIFA World Cup trophy are the Argentineans and Miss Argentina, Mae, is proud of her team's performance. “I love my team, Maradona, Tevez and Messi have all done so well!”
And what if Argentina wins the tournament? “I cannot say how wild Argentina will be. There will be a great party, till December I think. It will be something to remember forever.”

www.fifa.com