20 outubro 2009

Salmond: Kat for world domination

Miss Scotland Katharine Brown

Katharine reel ... Miss Scotland learns some dance moves



ALEX Salmond has given his backing to Miss Scotland Katharine Brown for global domination - at this year's Miss World contest.

Beauty Kat, 22, was stunned to open a personal letter from the First Minister wishing her luck in South Africa.

Miss Scotland Katharine Brown

Support ... Kat and Salmond's note

Mr Salmond wrote: "I'd like to offer you my congratulations on you being crowned Miss Scotland 2009. This is a wonderful achievement.

"I know you will be an excellent ambassador for Scotland. Please accept my best wishes when you compete in the Miss World competition."

The sporty stunner, who met Mr Salmond at the Miles for Smiles charity race in Edinburgh last week, impressed him with her ambition to get Scots schoolkids active.

Delighted Katharine said last night: "We had a long chat and I told him how important I thought it was to promote sport in schools.

Alex Salmond

Fan ... Alex Salmond

"This is a cause I'm very passionate about, and it's also going to be my message at Miss World.

"Alex told me he'll arrange a meeting for me with the sports minister when I'm back from Miss World."

Tennis coach Katharine, from Dunblane in Perthshire, was in Dundee yesterday learning her Scottish dance moves for the event in December.

She added: "I'm delighted that Alex paid me such attention, but getting this letter was beyond my expectations.

"If I hadn't been a sportswoman I'd never have won Miss Scotland.

"I feel at my prettiest after I've been working out or playing tennis."

And Kat, who wore a gorgeous tartan dress as she joined youngsters from Ashley Walker School Of Dance, is busy preparing her outfits for the Miss World finals.

She said: "Because I'm a tennis coach, Fred Perry have given me casual and sports outfits. They are absolutely amazing."

yvonne.bolouri@the-sun.co.uk

http://www.thesun.co.uk

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07