28 dezembro 2008

Dora Mwima, Miss Uganda

EDWIN NUWAGABA

Dora Mwima is the current Miss Uganda. She has recently returned from South Africa where the Miss World beauty pageant was held. The contest saw the blonde Kseniya Sukhinova from Russia emerge as the World’s beauty queen.
dorah-mwima.jpg
What is the biggest misconception that people in South Africa have about Uganda?
South Africans think that we are a strong country having fought Idi Amin.

What is the biggest embarrassment you encountered while you were there?
It was during one of the rehearsals, actually the day before the finals, I felt a flu coming. I also felt like coughing but I held it back. I think that was embarrassing.

Who was the funniest of the contestants?
Nevenna Lipovac, Miss Serbia. She was the funniest. I remember she used to act as a black girl yet she was white. She loved hip hop and funk. Basically she was very down to earth and lively.

What is the strangest thing you discovered about South Africa?
The cleanliness, Johannesburg is a very clean city. I could not believe I was in Africa.

As reigning Miss Uganda do you have a car?
That is out of context Edwin, I can’t talk about it.

Do boys sometimes hit on you because you are Miss Uganda?
No, I don’t think they hit on me because of the title but because I am beautifully and wonderfully made.

Do you sometimes smile even when you don’t want to?
Yes, I do that a lot because I believe in the law of attraction; for instance if I say that today is going to be a bad day then it is going to be a bad day. If I wake up and smile then people will smile back and it will be a nice day.

Having studied at home all your life, do you miss studying with other children?
No, I don’t miss that because I am who I am because of home schooling.

Are you a loner?
No, I am not, besides even when I was at home I used to study with my siblings.

What was your father’s first reaction when you told him that you were going to contest for Miss Uganda?
He was okay because before that, I had engaged in other beauty pageants and I had also done some modelling.

If you were Michelle Obama what is the first thing you would do after entering the White House?
I would fight corruption in society.

http://www.monitor.co.ug/

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07