24 agosto 2008

Confessions of a beauty queen


Newly-crowned beauty queen Chloe-Beth Morgan shares her fashion, beauty, diet and exercise secrets with Rin Simpson

AT 5ft 7in and with an enviable size six figure, it’s not difficult to see why Chloe-Beth Morgan was chosen to represent the nation.

The 22-year-old brunette from Cwmbran, who recently qualified as a fitness instructor, looked radiant as she was named Miss Wales, wearing a shimmering evening gown in rainbow colours at Cardiff’s CIA.

Now she’s got just a few weeks before she jets off to face 104 beautiful women in the battle for the Miss World crown.

We’ve no doubt she will give them a run for their money, but Chloe-Beth admits she’s nervous, particularly about the swimsuit round.

To prepare, she’ll be heading down to the gym as much as possible, not to mention using the trip as an excuse to buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes.

Luckily for us Miss Wales is as generous as she is modest, and she’s told us how she keeps herself looking so fabulous.

EXERCISE

n Go to the gym four times a week – do it in the morning;

n Balance about 15 minutes of cardio with lots of toning and strengthening on the weights;

n Take a friend to make it more fun.

Chloe-Beth says: “Leading up to Miss Wales I was so busy I didn’t do as much exercise as usual. Normally I would go four times a week, although I would never become obsessed with exercise. I go because I enjoy it. And I always go with a friend, so we can have a natter. Normally I’ll try to go in the mornings because sometimes after work you’re too tired, you don’t want to go, it’s busy. If you go in the morning it sets you up for the day, it gives you such a boost.

“I was going to a few exercise classes but I found I didn’t have the time. Now I go to the gym and do 15 minutes on the cardio machines and then resistance and the weights. I try to do more toning and strengthening because of my size and I’ve got a very fast metabolism so I don’t want to do too much cardio because I don’t want to lose too much weight. The reason I’m going is to keep fit. I don’t enjoy cardio as much anyway, I don’t like running.

“I can’t swim. I don’t know what it is, I don’t like going into the sea, I don’t like open water. I’m OK in a pool but as soon as I know my feet can’t touch the bottom that’s it, I just don’t like it.

“I really didn’t like sports at school. It’s quite strange for a fitness instructor, I know! I guess I fell into it by accident. I was doing an aerobics instructor course and a fitness instructor course alongside it for the theory. The aerobics instructor course fell through but I was really enjoying the other one, so I carried on with it.”

DIET

n Choose cereal, fruit and yoghurt for breakfast;

n Lunch and dinner can be made up of a jacket potato with cheese, beans and salad or pasta with vegetables and cheese;

n Drink plenty of water, and cut down on fizzy drinks and caffeine;

n Never deny yourself anything – a packet of crisps or a chocolate bar occasionally won’t hurt.

Chloe-Beth says: “Where diet is concerned it’s everything in moderation. I would never tell someone: ‘don’t eat this, don’t eat that,’ because as soon as you start denying yourself you start craving things. Food is there because you need it and enjoy it. I honestly couldn’t tell you what I weigh, I don’t have weighing scales in my house.

“I’m a vegetarian. I don’t eat meat or fish, but I do eat really well. I never let myself get hungry. I’ve been a vegetarian since I was 13 so it’s easy for me, I’m used to it. I do try to drink a lot of water through the day. I don’t drink any carbonated drinks like lemonade or cola and I don’t drink tea or coffee. I’m not a big cook. I will do it if I have to but I’m not a big fan of meals that take a long time to cook.

“I love pasta, vegetables, rice, but I love junk food too like crisps and chocolate, so I do eat it, just not every day because it’s obviously not good for you. I try to stop myself and reach for a banana, but sometimes I reach for the crisps. So long as you’re exercising I think if you have some treats it’s OK.

“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day for me. I usually have cereal and a banana, or a big bowl of chopped fruit with yoghurt. If I’m working I have something really quick for lunch like a sandwich and another piece of fruit. Or I might have a jacket potato with cheese and salad. For tea I would probably have pasta dish or a mixed bean salad. And I have cheese on almost everything. Or if I haven’t had a jacket potato for lunch I’ll have it for tea with maybe cheese and beans. I’ll always have something sweet afterwards like fruit or maybe ice cream.

“I’m always snacking. I’ll grab a packet of crisps or something, and I also have nuts which are good for protein. I don’t like having to take vitamins as I think with the amount of foods I don’t eat, the amount of pills I would have to take means I would be rattling! So even though I don’t eat meat I eat a lot of green vegetables, for example, so that provides iron for me.”

FASHION

n Choose different types of jeans as your wardrobe staple;

n Complete your outfit with plenty of funky accessories – jewellery, bags and shoes;

n For a smarter look, choose ’60s-style fashion, modern high-waisted pencil skirts and brightly coloured dresses.

Chloe-Beth says: “I know I’m going to be one of the short ones at Miss World so it’s going to be a lot of heels for me!

“My best friend’s mum made my Miss Wales dresses for me because I was having problems finding dresses that I really liked, that were ‘me’. I’m not a huge dress person and I wanted something that I was completely comfortable in. I loved the cocktail dress it was just fabulous, the material was quite loud, quite out there and the dress itself is very pretty. For the evening wear I just thought I didn’t want a puffy dress, I didn’t want to look like I got lost on the way to the church. Because the material was quite busy I wanted a simple design. There were some amazing dresses at Miss Wales but I really felt comfortable in mine.

“Usually I’m in jeans, it’s jeans all the way with me. Obviously if I’m going somewhere out of the ordinary I wear something different. I’ve got lots of different types of jeans: baggy jeans, bootleg jeans, wide jeans, ones I wear with heels and wedges. I love wedges. I think they’re an amazing invention because you get the height but without being so uncomfortable. If you dress jeans up with the right top, the right shoes, the right bag, you can change your outfit. I’ve got lots of accessories and shoes – about 30 shoes, 10 pairs of boots, a few pairs of trainers and then flip flops too.

“My favourite, favourite, favourite jeans I actually bought in Gran Canaria, but my other reliable jeans which I’ve had for about four years – I’ve even had the zip replaced – are a pair of French Connection jeans. Even though they were a bit more pricey, I’m so glad I bought them because they’ve lasted so well. And Mango jeans are good too.

“Other than jeans, I do quite like the high-waisted pencil skirts. Even though I’m not huge on dresses, I do like ladylike clothes and I like ’60s-style clothes, all the patterns.

“I love River Island clothes, I just think they’re great. They usually do a lot of bright things and even though I’m not big on dresses I love the dresses from there. And they fit me really well. I sometimes struggle to get things to fit but I always find something in River Island. I think people assume if you’re a small size you’ve got shorter legs but I haven’t, I’ve got quite long legs.”

BEAUTY

n Don’t wear make-up every day, instead let your skin breathe;

n Wash your face with warm water and cleanser but avoid soap;

n Exfoliate twice a week to stop skin looking dull;

n Choose a light moisturiser, and a highlighter to get rid of dark circles round the eyes.

Chloe-Beth says: “I don’t wear make-up day to day, if I’m going shopping or whatever. I think your skin needs to breathe. When I was younger I had bad skin so I know it’s important to take care of it now. Sometimes I use highlighter to get rid of the dark circles and I always use Vaseline on my lips and that’s it really.

“I don’t use a lot of make-up, except for something like Miss Wales or getting photos taken. I love dressing up, I love the process of putting on make-up and taking your time with it.

“I try not to use soap so mainly I just use warm water to clean my face unless I’ve got make-up on in which case I’ll use a cleanser. I exfoliate my skin twice a week to make sure it doesn’t look dull. And if I’m wearing it, I always take my make-up off before I go to bed.

“I always moisturise my skin. I use a Clinique moisturiser. It’s like a gel not a cream so it’s much lighter.

“For my hair, I just use whatever shampoo and conditioner comes to hand! The one I’m using at the moment is just a normal price one but it smells of strawberries. I sometimes use heat protection spray if I straighten my hair. I’m not very good at doing my hair though. I had to get someone to do it for me at Miss Wales.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07