27 outubro 2007

I’ll do my best at Miss World pageant— Munachi Abii

Munachi Abii (Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria, 2007)

Munachi Abii is the current Most Beautiful girl in Nigeria( MBGN World 2007) and Nigeria’s hope at the 2007 edition of Miss World pageant, which holds November 2nd in Sanya China. Seven months into her reign, the fair complexion beauty, who is also an undergraduate at Benson Idahosa University Benin, in this encounter, speaks on her preparedness for the 2007 Miss World pageant, her pet project, life as a beauty Queen and more.

How well are you preparing for the forthcoming Miss World contest?
I have routines, I have to go to the gym to keep fit, because, it’s a different competition out there, it’s not like MBGN. Presently I work with choreographers, dietician, etc. I am doing all I can to succeed at the contest.

When it comes to the talent hunt segment what is it you have that you can show the world?

I would like to keep it African. The typical thing to do is to sing or play a guitar, but I intend to do
something different and you’ll see it when it’s time. I do not want to let the cat out of the bag just yet.

As MBGN World, do have a pet project you will be working on?
At the moment we have a contract with the Sickle Cell Foundation, so I will be focusing on that. Then there are other things I would like to support as an individual not just as a queen. I intend to support
polio victims and do my best to make a difference.

Why polio?


I chose polio because I can relate to the situation, my mum has polio. I keep saying this, it’s a bit of a cliche’ right now. But, I know what it’s like to be a daughter of a disabled person. I know how some of them feel and I also know that some of them are very insecure, they do not have anybody to help them and
people always look down on those that have. I would like as much as possible to make life a bit easier for them as much as I can.

How do you hope to make a difference?

I intend to work with a lot of people, get sponsorship from those that will be willing to help.

What is fashion like for you?

So long as it looks good, I’ll wear it. I have my own style, I don’t wear things because people are wearing it. I just do what I want to do. I don’t believe in dressing inappropriately because you want to get attention. I believe in dressing according to how I feel. If I feel sexy, I want to wear something sexy, fine, but I don’t have to look indecent.

From your outfit, I can see you are not against showing off your cleavage?

The idea is don’t expose too much, but look good.
How do you like your jewelry?

I do not wear too much, but it comes with the job, I have to look good. I’m not a gold person, I’m more of a silver than gold person, but I’ll wear any piece that looks good.

Perfume choice?

If it smells good, I’ll wear it, it shouldn’t choke me. I like Estee Lauder, it’s a nice perfume but I could wear anything else, I don’t have to stick to one.

Most handy beauty secret?

I eat healthy, except that now I go to the gym to try and keep fit. I use Neutrogeana products that’s the one that really works for me.
You don’t go to the spa for facials and all the stuff ladies do?
Spas will be later. I don’t do facials, maybe sometime in future I will but, right now, I am just a regular girl. I am just myself, I prefer the inner beauty to the outside one, because you could be beautiful outside and horrible inside. The beauty will fade, I won’t look like this when I am eighty, though I hope to ( laughs) But if I do not look like this, when I’m eighty or ninety, fine. I just want to stay beautiful on the inside, that’s all that matters.

What has life taught you?

I tend not to judge people by what I see, there’s more than what meets the eye, not everybody likes you. So just keep your eyes open.

How do you relax?

I sleep. Sometimes I hang out with my few friends. Most times I prefer to listen to music or write songs.

Greatest wish in life?

I wish to be a very successful person, richer than Bill Gates, than Oprah but at the same time, I still want to keep my level head, be nice to people, be able to touch lives as much as possible, and still keep it humble, so I’ll be able to walk on the streets without body guards and all.

What do you intend to do after your reign?
I intend to stay in the entertainment industry because that’s where my heart is, at the same time, I still want to be a diplomat, an ambassador for my country, not just as a beauty queen, but as a responsible, politically elite individual.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07