29 julho 2007

Lara Dutta - Miss Universe 2000

“Comedy is my true calling”

After groping around in darkness for four years, erstwhile Miss Universe is finally coming to grips with her role in filmdom. Post Jhoom Barabar Jhoom and Partner, Lara Dutta has found her groove alright. Her comic timing is in order and so is her style quotient. Togged in a simple polka-dotted brown dress, her smile seems to convey that style needn’t shout from the rooftops...Ms Dutta is making us proud as Screen’s Most Promising Newcomer awardee in the 2003 Andaaz...

There is no denying that you are in top form currently. But it has taken you a while to get there.
Oh yes, it has taken plenty of trial and error to assess my strengths and weaknesses. I believe experience is the best teacher. I have tried out a range of genres and set-ups before concluding that I have to make the right choice of films first. The script, my role in it and the people who are making the film are important because I must feel happy at work.

When did you realise that you were the comedy czarina?
I have no film background, so everything was a revelation for me. Almost a dozen different kind of films later did I understand that I was neither a drama queen nor a tragedy queen. No Entry was the turning point, that’s when it dawned on me that I had a flair for comedy. Like Sridevi and Juhi Chawla, comedy proved to be flattering for my on-screen persona. Comedy is my true calling.

But isn’t comedy a serious business, Lara?
Certainly it is. Laughter is tougher to beget than tears, I assure you. My stint in Bhaagam Bhag with phenomenal power houses Paresh Rawal and Govinda helped me get the right comic timing. You have to be on the ball, you can’t lose that moment - that’s the key to good comedy.

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=16566



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07