04 junho 2007

Miss USA: ‘I'm going to hold my head high’


Rachel Smith talks about her pageant fall, responses to audience boos

NBC News video


Miss USA responds to the boos
June 4: In a TODAY exclusive, Rachel Smith spoke with TODAY's Ann Curry about the Miss Universe pageant, Mexico and what's next.
By John Springer
TODAYShow.com contributor
Updated: 8:52 a.m. ET June 4, 2007

Her infamous slip and fall at the Miss Universe Pageant, and the boos from the audience, will not deter Miss USA Rachel Smith from representing her country proudly, the beauty queen from Tennessee proclaimed emphatically Monday.

“Unfortunately, it happened to me. It is part of my past. I'm going to hold my head high,” Smith, 22, said during a live appearance on TODAY.

“What kind of role model would I be if I had just crawled off the stage or just stayed there lying on the ground? It was tough, but I'm going to continue to be a good role model and I look forward to what is ahead,” Smith said.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07