19 abril 2006

Neha Kapur all focussed on international pageant

Chandigarh, April 19 (PTI): From a point when she came close to quitting the Miss India pageant, Neha Kapur is now all focussed on "representing India with full glory" and giving her best shot at the Miss Universe contest coming up in California in July.

"There was a point of time when I wanted to quit the Miss India contest. Yes, many times it occurred to me that I cannot do this," Kapur, the Miss India-Universe 2006, said today.

"Before entering the contest, I was into modelling for three years and have been fiercely independent kind of person and now here it was the thought of gruelling 45 days 24x7 kind of stuff with having to sleep with five girls in one room forced me to think that I should give it up."

Kapur said she broke down several times during the Miss India competition, but her family and friends in the fashion industry backed her, helping her to pull it off.

"It took a lot of convincing on my part and ultimately the sheer perseverance paid off," Kapur, who heads for Mumbai tomorrow to start her training programme for the international pageant, said in a media interaction here.

"After winning the crown, I watched it on TV the next day and that's when it finally sunk in," she admitted candidly.

Talking about the Miss Universe contest, she said "I might not win, but I have to make an impact and represent India with full glory."

Kapur said she firmly believes in projecting her "real self" to the world. "Even during the contest when I gave my answers, I never thought that I should be giving politically correct or diplomatic answers. I spoke straight from my heart and I guess that is what helped me."

www.hindu.com

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07