06 abril 2006

Hawko eyes Logie


SHE may have been voted off Channel 7's reality TV show Dancing With The Stars, but former Miss Universe Jennifer Hawkins now has her eye on another prize – a Logie award. After her shock ousting from the show last night, Hawkins, 22, is now looking forward to Australian television's night of nights.

"If I won a Logie, that would compare to winning Miss Universe, because it's something that I really respect and to be recognised with it would be unreal," she said.

Hawkins was crowned Miss Universe in 2004 and since then has moved into a career on television, as one of the hosts on Seven's The Great Outdoors travel show.

Nominations for the TV Week Logie Awards were announced this week, with Hawkins given the nod for most popular new female talent.

She's up against Neighbours actor Pippa Black, Headland's Rachael Taylor and Home and Away's Jodi Gordon and Sharni Vinson.

"I'm so excited," she says of the Logies, which will be held in Melbourne on May 7.

"I was excited just to actually go to the Logies ... then to be nominated as the newcomer, I was blown away."

Hawkins, who was partnered with Sergei Bolgarskiy on Dancing with the Stars, was philosophical about her departure from the show.

"I never classed myself as a favourite ever, from the beginning – other people did," she said of the competition.

"But I put myself in there, gave 100 per cent, and got half way – which I was happy about because that was what I wanted."

Hawkins' exit leaves several other celebrities to battle it out for the series title.

Sunrise weatherman Grant Denyer, boxer Kostya Tszyu, actor Noeline Brown, singer Toby Allen and radio presenter Kate Langbroek are all contenders.

Hawkins was reluctant to pick a winner from the final celebrity batch.

"I don't really have a pick," she said diplomatically.

"And I don't think I could pick it, at the moment it's so up in the air, I don't know who's going.

"That's what makes it good television, unpredictable television."

During her appearances on the show Hawkins raised funds for the Olivia Newton John Cancer Centre, and the singer made a special appearance on the program last week.

Her year-long reign as Miss Universe took her around the globe as an ambassador for a range of organisations including YouthAIDS and the Global Health Council.

In April last year, she was voted the second sexiest woman in Australia and New Zealand in a FHM 100 Sexiest Women survey, behind Bec Hewitt, then Cartwright.

Hawkins will now return to presenting stories from around Australia and the world on Seven's The Great Outdoors.

entertainment.news.com.au

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Quantos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.



Blog criado em 8.8.05. Contagem de visitas desde 19.08.07